Some of them you will already know, but do you know them all?
What properties does olive oil have?
Olive oil, our liquid gold, is perfect for the overall health of our body. Among other benefits, it helps us regulate cholesterol levels and calcium absorption in the bones. It protects us against excess acids and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Surely more than once you have found olive oil in the ingredients of your cosmetics. And, for thousands of years, olive oil has also been used as a natural cosmetic for the skin for two main reasons:
- It slows the premature aging of the skin thanks to its antioxidant action (Vitamin E) that provides elasticity and hydration.
- Repairs damaged skin tissues (wounds, scars, or marks) with its high vitamin and moisturizing content.
What are the benefits of olive oil in the hair?
Olive oil acts as a natural moisturizer against damaged or brittle hair, providing the nutrients it needs and fighting dryness and lack of shine. Its main benefits are:
- Stronger and less brittle hair, thanks to Vitamin E.
- Stimulates hair growth with its regenerative properties.
- Prevents hair loss by helping to strengthen the hair follicle.
- Repair the split and dry ends, leaving them healthy and bright.
- It moisturizes the hair returning the moisture and natural shine that it has lost due to external factors (sun, chlorine, dryer, iron, cold …).
Homemade hair masks with olive oil, are they useful?
More and more we are going in search of home remedies to improve the appearance of our hair, and olive oil is one of the main ingredients of these homemade masks.
However, we must be cautious when applying it, as it is highly moisturizing, and we could achieve the opposite effect as desired. If we get more than necessary, it can generate excess fat and leave our hair looking dirty and careless.
And let’s not talk about the nuisance of making our mask at home. Are you sure you want to be cleaning oil from corners you didn’t even know?
If you want to receive all the nutrients and vitamins that olive oil can provide to your hair without worrying, our recommendation is to use products that already contain it in the proper dose. Like the Garnier Original Remedies Mythical Olive paraben-free range, a highly nutritious remedy for dry and sensitized hair, which will nourish your hair without weighing it down. Thanks to the fatty acids and Vitamin E of the oil, make your hair look intensely nourished, light, and soft to the touch.